What are the causes and consequences of gaps in educational opportunities, achievement, and outcomes among the students we serve? How can we reverse and close the gaps?
This course explores and informs upon the impermissible gaps our students face based on many factors. Gain a renewed conviction as well as an enriched repertoire of strategies that will increase equity in you practices.
Fall 2022 Important Dates and Information
- September 12: ASPDP registration opens
- September 19: Coursework begins
- November 14: ASPDP registration closes
- January 6: Coursework ends
Click here to view the course on the ASPDP catalog: TBA
Credits and Registration Instructions
- (NYC) 45 CTLE hours towards NYS Professional Development requirements.
- (NYC) 3 P/A+ Credits towards BA+30, BA+60, and MA+30 salary differentials.
Complete both steps to earn P/A+ Credits and CTLE hours:
- Step 1: Register with ASPDP when available. You can do this by logging into ASPDP at http://schools.nyc.gov/teachers/aspdp/, searching for Quikitech in the course catalog to select your choice of courses, and paying the ASPDP registration fee for the courses.
- Step 2: Register with Quikitech. You can do this by going to https://quikitech.com/ adding to cart the matching courses you will be taking with ASPDP, and paying the Education Partner fee for the courses. Your account will be automatically created for you upon checkout. If you purchased a bundle, allow for 24 hours for your course selections to be processed.
Please check with your school district or local authority on whether the kind of credit this course provides can be used towards meeting your professional development, salary differential, or credential renewal needs.
For questions and group rates, email [email protected].
“I enjoyed this course immensely. By far the best course I took over the summer.”
“I had no idea what the difference was between equity and equality until I took this course. The information blew my mind and really made me think about my students and what they all need to learn and succeed.”
“Great course. Very informative with wonderful strategies that can be implemented in the classroom!”