Develop an increased awareness of the need both nationally and locally to meet the need of ENL students based on data and research.
Key deliverables include: written responses reflecting participants’ analysis of ENL demographic data, current ENL state standards, and instructional practices; practice of, and reflection about, constructive academic conversations and technology tools in the classroom, specifically to promote ENL mastery; creating a lesson plan that incorporates learning into classroom practices; course summary with practical application and reflection. Key activities include reading, watching videos, researching, reflecting, analyzing, and planning.
Upcoming Spring 2019 Semester Dates
- ASPDP registration opens January 14th and closes June 7th.
- Coursework starts February 4th and ends April 29th.
Credits and Registration Instructions
- (NYC) 36 CTLE hours towards NYS Professional Development requirements.
- (NYC) 3 P-Credits towards BA+30, BA+60, and MA+30 salary differentials.
ASPDP catalog code: TBA
Course enrollment limit: 200 seats
Complete both steps to earn P-Credits and/or CTLE hours:
- Step 1: Register with ASPDP when available. You can do this by logging into ASPDP at http://schools.nyc.gov/teachers/aspdp/, searching for Quikitech in the course catalog to select your choice of courses, and paying the ASPDP registration fee for the courses.
- Step 2: Register with Quikitech. You can do this by going to https://quikitech.com/nyc adding to cart the matching courses you will be taking with ASPDP, and paying the Education Partner fee for the courses. Your account will be automatically created for you upon checkout. If you purchased a bundle, allow for 24 hours for your course selections to be processed.
Please check with your school district or local authority on whether the kind of credit this course provides can be used towards meeting your professional development, salary differential, or credential renewal needs.
For questions and group rates, email email@example.com.
“This course prepares you to implement different strategies to differentiate lessons for ELL students as well as introduces you to a set to technological tools to help ELLs acquire language based on the new Common Core applied standards.”