Get equipped with an understanding of music and its role in cognitive and social development! Learn to create lesson plans, write reflective and critical responses, share ideas and experiences, and become familiar with technological resources for integrating music.
Spring 2022 Important Dates
- January 24: Spring 2022 ASPDP registration opens
- February 7: Semester coursework begins
- April 18: Spring 2022 ASPDP registration closes
- May 27: Semester coursework ends
Credits and Registration Instructions
- (NYC) 45 CTLE hours towards NYS Professional Development requirements.
- (NYC) 3 P/A+ Credits towards BA+30, BA+60, and MA+30 salary differentials.
ASPDP catalog code: P187-11092.1F21
Complete both steps to earn P/A+ Credits and CTLE hours:
- Step 1: Register with ASPDP when available. You can do this by logging into ASPDP at http://schools.nyc.gov/teachers/aspdp/, searching for Quikitech in the course catalog to select your choice of courses, and paying the ASPDP registration fee for the courses.
- Step 2: Register with Quikitech. You can do this by going to https://quikitech.com/ adding to cart the matching courses you will be taking with ASPDP, and paying the Education Partner fee for the courses. Your account will be automatically created for you upon checkout. If you purchased a bundle, allow for 24 hours for your course selections to be processed.
Please check with your school district or local authority on whether the kind of credit this course provides can be used towards meeting your professional development, salary differential, or credential renewal needs.
For questions and group rates, email [email protected].
“The instructor provided quick and thorough feedback! I also appreciated the videos and musical pieces.”
“This course has taught me a lot on the benefits of integrating music into my everyday classroom. I plan to use these methods into my classroom next year.”