1 Graduate-Level Continuing Education Unit, Brandman University
Course Instructor and Author: Donny Wise has been an educator for 20 years, in addition to working for UCLA, Hughes Space and Communication, Monster.com, IDC, and RAND Corporation. He is known for providing very clear, methodological approaches to technology instruction and application, while being inspiring, as well. He is passionate about closing the opportunity and achievement gaps for students by empowering and equipping teachers with relevant, practical, research-based pedagogy and tools.
Course Objective & Learning Goals: During this course you will learn how to use an iPad effectively in the context of your professional life as an educator. Many iPad apps will be described for your benefit and teachers come away with their own iPad toolkit (Quick Start Guide) that they can use with their students. This class is for the teacher who has ZERO experience with iPads, as well as for professionals with a solid understanding of iPads. Participants complete the course with a personalized iPad “toolkit” for their classroom use.
- Lesson 1: Learning iPad features and functions
- Lesson 2: Transitioning from desktop computers to iPad tablets
- Lesson 3: Keyboarding on an iPad Keyboard
- Lesson 4: How to train students to effectively use iPads during standardized tests
- Lesson 5: Using iPads for differentiated instruction
- Lesson 6: Using iPads to teach English Language Arts and Mathematics
- Lesson 7: The top 10 iPad Apps that provide amazing learning results