1 Graduate-Level Continuing Education Unit, Brandman University
Course Instructor and Author: Donny Wise has been an educator for 20 years, in addition to working for UCLA, Hughes Space and Communication, Monster.com, IDC, and RAND Corporation. He is known for providing very clear, methodological approaches to technology instruction and application, while being inspiring, as well. He is passionate about closing the opportunity and achievement gaps for students by empowering and equipping teachers with relevant, practical, research-based pedagogy and tools.
Course Objective & Learning Goals: During this course you will pick up the concepts and skills of improving instruction and learning through building an effective presentation using Apple Keynote. Emphasis will be placed on developing a solid message with compelling evidence, as well as putting together a clear and also attention-grabbing set of slides with which to present your information. The importance of teaching students these skills, and the effects including making students come alive in their learning and in their participation in the teaching and learning process in the classroom through creating powerful presentations will also be addressed.
- Lesson 1: Learning why it is important to be able to present ideas clearly for college and career readiness
- Lesson 2: Learning how to create a basic presentation in Keynote
- Lesson 3: Learning how to create a basic presentation with colors, graphics and transitions in Keynote
- Lesson 4: Learning how to create advanced presentations with Keynote.
- Lesson 5: Learning how to create advanced presentations with Keynote with animations
- Lesson 6: Writing Lesson Plans to teach your students how to use Keynote
- Lesson 7: Project based learning with Keynote